Thursday 15 May 2008

Winds-of-Vengeance and the Temple of Mask




***SPOILERS***


I'm very excited about Winds; originally he was just an excuse for a cleric companion, and his character was really only filled-in racial hatred for vampires and werewolves (which works into some nice banter involving Trent and Laldrissa, who unite somewhat against a common foe...still, that's relying on the fact that someone out there will want a party consisting of a chaotic good lycanthrope shaman, an evil vampiric noble fighter, and a true neutral, xenophobic priest rather than taking one of the more exotic options).


Then I had the idea of giving him a backstory as someone who knew the PC, though unseen, before the RSE leading into 4th edition. Suddenly I had some quite exciting dialogue on my hands. Plus the man's a cleric of Hoar, so you get some nice proclamations on how divinely ironic everything is.


Anyway, these are the companions as we stand;


Char Duskspinner- Chaotic Neutral Halfling Rogue/Assassin...complete

Septimus Valshar- Neutral Evil Human Sorcerer...complete

Jashemi- Lawful Good Human Paladin

Laldrissa Durmvray- Lawful Evil Undead Fighter

Trent Underbuck- Chaotic Good Shapechanging Spirit Shaman

Winds-of-Vengeance- True Neutral Human Cleric/Ranger

Crow- Neutral Good Human Bard


And, all going to plan, each one will have a decent backstory/dialogue/banter with other companions.


I've got a nice backlog of banter, incidentally, that I've been typing up...sadly, because NWN2 runs on Speaktriggers and I'm not enough of a decent scripter to sort out an alternative arrangement, I'm having to set the conversations off at given, mainstream points, otherwise any players might just miss out on them entirely.


Favourite banter so far?


Char: Um...Jash?
Jashemi: Yes, Char?
Char: I...just wanted you to know that...um...well, I think you're really pretty, and...
Jashemi: Char, darling...would it be any easier for you if I just told you now that I've taken a vow of chastity?
Char: Oh. Yes, actually. Lots.


Ok, spoilers over.

No comments: