Thursday 15 May 2008

Dialogue




As I struggle on and on, my initial dream-of every non-hostile NPC having at least four lines of individual dialogue, even if it's only 'commoner' chat- is seeming not nearly as crazy as it used to. The truth is, I'm not much of an artist when it comes to area design (the word 'workmanlike' comes to mind) so the key elements I wanted to focus on for Shadowfall were character, plot and dialogue...and for an RPG, of course, the other two are pretty much inextricably caught up with dialogue itself. I'm on target with the NPCs, so far...it's a strain not to get facetious and start writing things like 'blah blah blah' though...now I'm considering doing the BG2 thing and having the Commoner-style NPCs with little easter eggs of banter that only fire up when you have a specific companion..."MY MOMMY SAYS DARK ELVES..."


Interesting...

No comments: