Monday 28 April 2008

Vaxis: Villain of the Piece



These posts will probably thin out sooner or later: at the moment I'm using them as a kind of box-tick for the elements of the mod I've completed/got stuck into. It's actually really handy to make it feel more a genuine work in progress, and definitely not just procrastination (or so I tell myself).


The main villain of Awakened is Archmancer Vaxis (that's not a spoiler, it's affirmed from the start) who I'm planning to give a few cutscenes. It's a tricky choice, 'cause I know it results in the player knowing things that the PC just shouldn't, but how are you meant to give your bad guy a decent character if you never see him until the final battle?


With Vaxis I wanted to make something kinda different- a bad guy who's not so much pure evil as possessed by a single all-conquering emotion, a man who wants to put a certain circumstance right, whatever the cost to him or to the world.


And like so many bad guys, he's bald.


No comments: