Wednesday 27 August 2008

Back, after two months







It's been a while. Someone's mentioned how Shadowfall's going- well, I played over it this week and I'm suffering from a little bit of product dismay; at least, I know I've done a lot of better stuff since. So while I figure out whether it's worth ploughing through and redoing it all, or releasing it as might not be up-to-scratch, I've been working on a few other mini-projects.





One's a sci-fi experiment that won't be released live; the other is a couple of desert areas. And I've spent the last few days coming up with a concept for the Hallowe'en project.





The idea is; one night per year (Hallowe'en) Kelemvor releases the dead and the damned into a pocket plane for a carnival they'll never forget. Plus, if they can complete certain challenges, the damned can return to earth...





Carnival of Souls it is, then.





Captions:
1) Enjoy the light-hearted circus games- lobbing coconuts, say, at severed heads.
2) Meet friendly, like-minded people.
3) Accept the challenges.
4) Find true romance.
5) Face your darkest fears.

1 comment:

AmstradHero said...

I hope you don't feel too disheartened. I'm sure most modders have found that some of their initial work doesn't feel like it matches the standards of the work they have done recently, but that's merely part of the nature of learning.

While it can be challenge, and the temptation to go back and redo everything might be strong, I'd beware trying to tinker too much. While I'm a strong proponent or re-imagining and say to only release something you're happy with, there comes a time when you do have to say 'enough is enough' and let certain things pass. Otherwise you'll spend all your time reworking your existing material and never get anything new done!